- The Public Relations and Marketing Group's marketing team recieved an Excellence in Communication Award from Long Island Business News. The inaugural event recognized industry professionals for their excellence in marketing, communications, public relations, website and graphic design.
- Fred Brewington of The Law Offices of Frederick K. Brewingtonrepresented a client in a civil rights matter that involved the University of Albany. This was covered by Albany Times Union,Time Warner Cable News, WRGB (CBS Channel 6), and WNYT News Channel 13. Mr. Brewington was also named to the Long Island Press’ Power List. Mr. Brewington also announced the Second Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a lower court’s ruling against the Village of Garden City in a housing discrimination case. This was reported by FiOS1, Eyewitness News First at 4, Newsday,New York Law Journal and Courthouse News Service. The Associated Press also reported on this; the story was picked up by the L.A. Watts Times, Star Tribune (Minneapolis, MN), SF Gate,Salon, and The Beaumont (TX) Enterprise.
- The New York Real Estate Journal reported on Chris Coschignano of Sahn Ward Coschignano, PLLC's successful representation of a developer of a 192-unit apartment complex. Adam Koblenz was named as one of Long Island Business News' Ones to Watch in Law/Technology. Ralph Branciforte and Robert Abiuso receivedPublic Interest Attorney of the Year awards from The Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center at Touro College.
- The Cochran Firm filed a $25 million lawsuit on behalf of the estate of a resident of a three-quarter house in The Bronx who was cut, beaten, tasered and later died of his injuries. This was reported by The New York Post’s website, The New York Daily News, NY1 andThe Gothamist.
- Tanya Hobson-Williams of Hobson-Williams P.C. appeared as a guest on the radio shows "OMG I'm Getting Older and So Is My Mom" with Scott Greenberg and "Medicine On Call" with Dr. Elaina George to discuss Medicaid planning and this year's elder law issues.
- Kerry Bretz of Bretz & Coven, LLP was interviewed by The Legal Broadcast Network and Speaking of Justice on the Supreme Court's decision to hear the appeal of an executive order regarding DAPA. Mr. Bretz was also interviewed by Noticia on Mayor de Blasio's plan to issue U and T visa certifications to undocumented immigrants.Noticia recently featured Mr. Bretz in an article about how driving under the influence can be a quick route to deportation for undocumented immigrants.
- Steven Mitchell Sack, “The Employee’s Lawyer,” appeared on “Fox & Friends” to discuss new rules that are being proposed in the city of Seattle on how companies establish their employees’ work schedules.